Our Commitment to Privacy
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- Is collected offline or on any Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon website, mobile application or social media account
- You provide to or is collected by any third party, including information supplied to third party service providers.
The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon websites and apps and third party websites and apps have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
It is OKCNM’s desire to protect the privacy of children using the Internet. As a result, persons age 13 and under (“Children”) are not eligible to use the Sites to purchase goods or services through the Sites or to submit personally identifiable information through the Sites unless supervised by a parent or guardian. Teenagers should check with their parents/guardians before entering information on this or any other Site. If you are the parent or guardian of a child age 13 or under who you believe has submitted personal information to us, please contact us and we will take appropriate steps to remove such information from our files.
We collect information about you when you interact with our Sites and engage in communications with us through the Sites. We do not share your personal data with any third-party advertisers or ad networks for their advertising purposes. In general, we use data that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, as follows:
- To provide you with services and information that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Below is a brief overview of the personal information we collect through our Sites and the purpose for our collection. A more detailed description is found below.
|Type of Information||Purpose for Collection|
|Name and email address||Collected if provided by you for the purchase of goods, making a donation, inquiries into our services and used to respond to those inquiries or for any other purpose.|
|Credit Card Information||Collected if provided for the purchase of products, to make a donation or other purpose requiring the information|
|Mailing address, home and business phone numbers||Collected if provided by you for inquiries into our services and used to respond to those inquiries or for any other purpose.|
|Inferences we make about our customers based on data available to us.||Collected as described in this Policy and our Cookies Policy to improve our products and business.|
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
- Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information includes information from and about our users when provided to us. If you choose to donate to the Memorial or to purchase goods through the Sites, you will be required to provide certain personal information and authorization. We also collect information about you when agree to take surveys provided on the Sites. Personally identifiable information you will be asked to provide may include your name, mailing address, email address, credit card number, home, business and mobile phone numbers.
In addition to providing the foregoing information, if you choose to correspond further with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protection for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
If you prefer to mail in a donation, please mail payment to P.O. Box 323, Oklahoma City, OK, 73101.
- Automatically Collected Non-Personally Identifiable Information
When you download, access, and/or use the Sites, we may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Sites, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Sites.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Sites also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. The Sites may collect real-time information about the location of your device.
- Creative Content
RIGHTS IN SUBMITTED WORK
By submitting a Work to OKCNM you agree to and do hereby grant OKCNM a perpetual, royalty-free worldwide non-exclusive license to reprint, republish, reproduce, distribute copies, display publicly, perform publicly, create or reproduce derivative works, or incorporate the Work into one or more collective works. You further agree that these rights may be exercised in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter devised. These rights include the right to make such modifications as are technically necessary to exercise the rights in other media and formats.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We use non-personally identifiable information for demographics and statistical analytics purposes. This information does not identify users with particularity and is strictly used to track visitor trends and analyze metrics related to the Sites.
If you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information we will maintain that information in a database. Credit card information is discarded after use and not retained. If you voluntarily choose to opt-in to our mailing program, your email or mailing address will be added to our mailing lists and you may receive periodic notifications of various events. You will always have the option to “unsubscribe” from future correspondence.
We may use and disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device without restriction.
THIRD PARTY COLLECTION
Please keep in mind that the Sites may contain links to other websites or apps. You are responsible for reviewing the privacy statements and policies of those other websites you choose to link to or from the Website, so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and store your information. Please also keep in mind that some of the Sites are provided, in part, by third-party providers such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, which have their own respective privacy policies.
We are not responsible for the privacy statements, policies or content of these other companies and websites or apps, including websites you link to or from the Sites. The OKCNM cannot regulate other sites, content or applications linked or provided from within the Sites. Some content or applications, including partner offers, on or in the Sites may be served by third-parties, including content providers, application providers, analytics companies, your mobile device manufacturer, and your mobile service provider. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide for any purpose for which we have your consent, or for legitimate business purposes which may include when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or as necessary in the course of legal proceedings.
When you share information through the Sites, that information is viewable by you and by anyone else you choose to share it with.
YOUR REQUESTS CONCERNING YOUR INFORMATION
For personal data that we have about you, you may make requests such as the following:
- Deletion: You may ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data. Please note that doing so may limit your ability to use certain functionality of the website.
- Correction/Modification: You may ask us to change, update, or fix your data in certain cases, including if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data or to limit our use of it.
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data you have provided to us. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request as discussed below, we will disclose to you the categories of personal information we collected about you, the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you, our business purpose for collecting that personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information (if any), the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request), and if we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a disclosure of that business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Certain state’s laws may provide you the right to make additional requests concerning your personal information. If you are a resident of one of these states, and have provided us with personal information, state law may require that we provide you with certain information concerning your personally identifiable information. To request this information, send a request to here and include the phrase “[Your State] Privacy Request” in the subject line. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personally identifiable information you do not want us to share with third parties. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personally identifiable information or requesting this notice.
To make these or any other requests with respect to your personal information, you may contact us at: Oklahoma City National Memorial Foundation, 620 N Harvey Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, or you contact us here or by phone (405) 235-3313. We ask that individuals making requests identify themselves and identify the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before we process any requests. We may decline to process requests if we cannot verify the requestor’s identity, if we believe the request will jeopardize the privacy of others, if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect, or for a similar legitimate purpose. In any case, where we provide information access, deletion or correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information. If we modify or delete some or all of your personal information, we will retain your personal data if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce obligations or fulfill any other requests from you (for example, to opt-out of further messages or for a copy of your data).
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under applicable law. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY RIGHTS TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident and have provided us with personally identifiable information, California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (the “Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by the Act, we will provide you with the categories of personally identifiable information that we collect through the Sites and the categories of third party persons or entities with which such personally identifiable information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of personally identifiable information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The Act further requires us to allow you to control who we can and cannot share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request here and include the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personally identifiable information you do not want us to share with third parties. Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personally identifiable information or requesting this notice.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
- Information Security. We utilize security measures and a third-party secure service provider to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction. If you provide credit card information, the information is used one time for the purpose you specified and then deleted.
- Evaluation of Information Protection Practices. Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with industry standards, policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information.
- Employee Access, Training and Expectations. Our corporate values, ethical standards, policies and practices emphasize the protection of personal information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
- What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information? We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so. If we, in good faith, believe that the law requires disclosure for the protection of our legal rights we may disclose your information to the proper authorities.
Although we take measures to keep your information private and secure, no security measure is perfect. By using the Sites you agree that we are not responsible for (i) any disclosure of your personal information made by you to a third party through your use of the Sites; (ii) any disclosure of your personal information obtained illegally from us; or (iii) any accidental disclosure of your personal information made by us.
The Sites are provided “as is” without a warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and/or non-infringement. OKCNM shall not be responsible or liable for any damage that may occur due to your use of the Sites or from downloading any data or other content from the Sites.
Social Media Policy
While we encourage patrons and others to share thoughts and opinions on our social media sites, we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner. Postings must not otherwise violate local, state or federal law or OKCNM policy. Accordingly, any postings inconsistent with these purposes, as determined by the OKCNM in its sole discretion, may be immediately removed in whole or part without notice. In addition, the OKCNM reserves the right to ban or block users who have posted in violation of this policy. We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech or respond politely and to report violations to us.