September 25, 2018
A Workshop with Robin Gurwitch
Dr. Robin Gurwitch is an internationally recognized expert on the impact of trauma and disaster on children and ways to increase resilience. She has responded to disasters around the world, including the Oklahoma City bombing.
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum
- Center for Education & Outreach
- 8:30AM-11:30AM PK-5th Grade
- 12:30PM-3:30PM Middle/High School
Child Adult Relationship Enhancement (CARE) is a training model for any adult who works with children. The CARE skills have been shown to help adults and children form a positive relationship and assist adults/caregivers in managing all kinds of behaviors.
Learning objectives: At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the impact of trauma and stress on learning
- Discuss parent/caregiver role in student success
- Discuss the importance of positive student-teacher relationships
- Identify the CARE P’s and Q’s (CARE skills) and their impact on learning and resilience
- List ways to give instructions so that students are more likely to comply
- Discuss how CARE can be implemented in a classroom/school setting
Space is Limited. Register online at MemorialMuseum.com/CARE
For more information, contact Lynne Porter, Director of Educational Experience
Oops! We could not locate your form.